Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The bigger picture

The bigger picture



Things need to change. I've been looking at things all wrong. Trying to deal with 'My Journey' seperately from my families dealings with food. I never wanted to 'punish' the kids. i'd still buy them some of the good stuff but i do keep my biggest weakness out of the house as much as possible - potato chips, but it's not working. I keep slipping up.

So i am going to need to come up with a family game plan. Snacks. What is a healthy, cost effective snack??? or few snacks???? The kids wont be happy with exactly the same thing to eat day in day out. I usually give them 2 different things and then a piece of fruit to spread out over playlunch and lunch.
Yoghurt is not an option as we are not big fans. I'm also not sure about pumpkin/sunflower seeds. I mean......i can just imagine passing my son a 20g bag of seeds and telling him to enjoy. Come on.........he'd probably just toss them out into the backyard for the birds. Well at least the cat would be happy with that. 'ahem' ahhh....moving on

SNACK SNACK SNACK.
If i can just come up with something for everyone then i can keep temptations out of my sight. I can't think_____________________________________

*sigh* I know this is part of a larger problem. A small part of a big step.
I guess i'll leave the rest of the problem for my next blog. Time to head off to bed now and hope to fall asleep amid all these jumbled thoughts.

Thamlore
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels