Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Friday, May 11, 2007

Beginning

OMG this is so scary.. Being overweight for me has always been about hiding. Hiding behind baggy clothes, others in photos, alcohol for a bit of courage on social occasions. Hiding, hiding hiding. Still now i am hiding behind a screen name but i can't bring myself to make that final step. Although i have now advertised my weight on here. It even took me till xmas last year (and more alcohol) to tell my hubby of 9 years(partner of 14 -it's also important for me to add that coz we lived together since 1 year in) to tell him my real weight.
I'm not really sure where it started. I was a dancer for all my child hood until 15. I was super skinny and could eat everything and anything. Due to the school finishing i had to stop my dancing, and i guess the love of finally being able to spend time with my mates and being less active and still eating what i needed to when my energy outake was higher, i know this happened here. But most people i know have some sort of emotional trigger. This doesn't seem like enough.
So here i am on the threshold of my cupboard, taking little baby steps.
This is my beginning! I weigh 149 kgs. I am now no longer content to just watch life, i want to live it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels