Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Fueling my inner fire.

Hello fellow members..........I feel like an old women today. After a long walk down to the towns main park to take the kids for a BBQ - i know....so not the weather, plus a wander around town and then the long trek back my ankles are voicing their opinion. I'm not buggered anywhere else, and as i have known for a while now i no longer breath heavily with exertion anymore. Just this lingering thing. Though that is to be expected. The kids had fun though, a day out on the cheap....no harm to the planet, quality time and they'll be looking a bed time more favourably tonight i'd imagine. Hmmmmm, maybe wishful thinking though.

I read a post today that upset me......Not the post itself or the poster....postee? but anyways.

fewer that 5% of people like us manage to lose weight without surgical intervention (Australian Institute of Health & Welfare,2008) and a huge percentage die prematurely from weight related morbidity including stroke, diabetes & heart failure . Of those who do lose some weight , most regain all of it ,and occasionally some more, within 2 years.

I have heard something to this effect before and reading this today, after so recently taking my precarious seat apon the weightloss wagon, made me feel very down. Well it did before. Now i am fiercely determined that i will be that 5%. After all, why can't i. If i look back at my life i see 2 patterns. I'm not very good at finishing what i start - hence my children being so happy about leaving their shelf for a bit, sorry bad humor, i don't mean the serious things, but that on the other hand, if i really put my mind to anything....and focus - which can be hard, then i can do whatever i want to. I really, truely believe this. I CAN BE THE 5%, I WILL BE THE 5%!!!!!!!!
I may not be the best at everything i have set my mind too but i haven't done too badly at all.
Now to keep the flames burning till i find the next thing to fuel my fire.

BB after to put in the tip. Just had to get this down now.

Tip 31 - Motivation and mindset.

Have a plan to overcome the barriers that are holding you back

The barriers that stop people from losing weight are often learned and habitual. Being able to see those barriers is an important step in addressing them. When you have a better understanding of the habits and attitudes that are holding you back, you'll be in the best position to make a plan to do something about them.
Whatever your barriers are, there are some problem solving strategies that can help you address, replace or rmove them.

*Anticipate - Think about the situations or surroundings where your barriers arise. What can you do to prevent them from occurring? For eg; If you drink too much socially, you can offer to drive.

*Break it down into smaller chunks - Some barriers are simply too big to break down all at once, like emotional eating. Start to manage the process bit by bit and it becomes more achievable. For eg:, start by looking at how to deal with stress in other ways and once you make some progress, look at limiting the junk foods you have in the house.

*Turn it to your advantage - A little creativity can turn your barriers into supporters. For eg: If you watch too much t.v, use your time constructively and buy a treadmill so you can workout at the same time.

*Give yourself time - These barriers may have been with you for a while, like eating large portions at night. Try to whittle down your portion size gradually instead of making drastic changes you can't stick to.

P.S. I have also figured out why my ankles are so sore.....we were out for over 4 hours today and all but 20-30 mins we were on our feet and at least 2 and a half of them had us walking. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels