Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Friday, July 4, 2008

Hooo Hum

nothing important to mention.

lost 800gms


on to the tip.

tip 32 - Good food

Be patient with your tastebuds, train them well

When you first cut back with sugar, salt or fat, your taste buds may not appreciate it. They expect the flavours and textures of foods to come in contact with most often. But your taste buds renew themselves every few weeks. Think of someone you know who has cut out sugar from their tea. It's generally tough for the first few weeks, but then it gets easier and after a while they can enjoy tea without the sugar. The same applies to cutting back on fat, such as switching from full fat milk to skim milk or using less butter on your toast.

Give yourself a month for your tastebuds to adjust to a different way of eating. Stay patient, use more herbs and spices to add flavour and train your tastebuds to enjoy healthier eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels