Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Monday, June 30, 2008

Confession time.

Forgive me CK for i have sinned. It has been 18 days since my last confession. And in that time i have put on.*gasp* 2.8kg
I can't even say i got lost. I just gave up. It has been coming on for a while. I'd put on some grammage, then lose, then gain. I wasn't logging it in or changing my sig. Today i changed it all. I feel like i did the first day....jumping out of the closet with my dirty little secret. Also like my first day, i don't have a fire burning yet, just a small spark.
I've logged all my cals so far and although i am getting my exercise done, i am not being complicated with it. Just aiming for my 10,000 steps. By way of interval training. Normal walking steps wont count. I'm just breaking it down over the course of the day and making sure i get them done. It's been a lazy day otherwise. 2 of my kids have mild tonsilitis (Spellcheck). House is warm, doonas galore over the lounge. Dinner is already prepared, Chicken breast and veg ready for the steamer. I'm making my own garlic and herb butter as well. Light marg - bexlight from aldi, with a little crushed garlic and some dried herbs. Melt it in the microwave and pour over steamed pot, pumpkin and carrot.
Well nothing else to say. I'm p***ed off at myself for letting go for a while. I have things to do and goals to meet and i am no closer than the start of the year. Well, 1.6kg but that doesn't do me diddly squat.

Tip 29 - good food
To cut back on fat, find out where it comes from

Cutting down on fat is one of the most effective ways to reduce your cal intake and accelerate weight loss. Dietary fat usually comes from 3 main sources.

*Fats occuring naturally in food - meats, nuts, butter, cheese, whole milk, yoghurt and avocado. To help reduce fat we can trim visible fat from meats and choose low fat dairy products.

*Fats you add during cooking - butter, cooking oils, eggs, salad dressings and cream. To help reduce fat we can cut back or substitute healthier ingredients.

*Fats manufactured with foods - cakes, biscuits, snack foods, pastry and chocolate. To help reduce fat we can cut back as much as possible and look for low fat alternatives.


Still here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels