Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Tip 21-

Tip 21 Don't change your diet without exercising

If you go on a diet, or cut back your calorie intake without being physically active, you actually make it harder for yourself to achieve results. Consider these facts:-
* You will be less likely to burn off fat as a furel source.
* Your metabolic rate will slow down.
* Your body will be more likely to store fat after the diet.
* Any weight lost without exercise is virtually guaranteed to return within 12 months.

Combining regular exercise and healthy eating is the best way to burn dietary fat, and remove existing stores of body fat. This was shown in a recent 13 week study comparing 2 groups of cyclists. Both groups exercised twice a week, but 1 group cut out 800 kjs (sorry for the swap there but my brain doesn't want to do the maths ) with extra exercise. Both groups lost similar amounts of visceral (internal) fat, but the extra exercise group lost more subcutaneuous fat. This type of fat is just beneath the skin, making your arms, legs and tubby look flabby. It appears that more weight can be lost by increasing your activity levels rather than by cutting cals.
Exercise also halps maintain muscle tissue. Food changes on their own are much less effective than combining healthy eating with regular exercise.

Tip 22 The 3 week stocktake. Have you made any new habits yet?

You are now into your third week of your personal program. How are you going? Have you adopted any new behaviours yet? Have you modified or cut out any habits that were holding you back? Research has shown that any action repeated for a minimum of 21 days is more likely to become a permanent change!
Why not identify one thing you could do every day for the next 21 days that will accelerate your results. Call this the 21 day challenge. It might be to cut out alcohol, eat less chocolate, plan your meals or exercise everyday. Whatever you choose, plan for yourself a non food related reward when you make the 21 days.


Firstly.... Tip 21..... I knew how important exercise was but point 3 & 4 are very thought provoking. Why???? I am not the exercise machine i was when i started. I remember around Oct/Nov/Dec last year when i felt like a machine and then proceeded to only put on weight most of the time and spent those months - plus a few more after, taking off anf putting on the same couple of kilos. Maybe tip 16 has something to do with that though. Although it wasn't my first few weeks it was me starting to burn 600-1,000 cals per day everyday. I am also now scared about going so hard as i worry about regain plus i felt so tired after that period i hardly exercised at all.

Tip 22.....I think i will make up a 21 day challenge. To start on Monday. Maybe 30 mins of any exercise DVD per day for 21 days. Let me think on this over the weekend and get back to you bloggy my boy. Now i need a reminder.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels