Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Monday, June 2, 2008

Tip 15 & 16.Move more & Motivation and mindset

Firstly....before i go on. I'm needing to do 2 tips for a while. Last week i feel like i hit rock bottom. It was a big struggle last week and i came very close to quitting. But here i am picking myself up from the floor and i have some work to catch up on. Moving on......

15 Don't be discouraged by a little muscle soreness

Exercise can trigger a feeling of pain and stiffness in your muscles the day after your activity. Its scientific name is delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) because the pain usually appears 24-48 hours after the activity. It happens because physical activity causes microscopic ruptures in your muscles and surrounding tissues. It's nothing to worry about, but the muscles need a few days to repair, and the pain will gradually dissipate. Expect a little soreness from your first 4-6 workouts.


16Don't be disappointed if you gain a little weight when you start out

This might sound like bad news, but it is actually good news. When you begin to change your lifestyle it's normal to gain 1 -2 kilos of muscle. You might even gain a fraction more if you are just starting to perform resistance training (weights) for the first time, or if you haven't done it for a while. Your inactive muscles don't know what's hit them, as they try to load up with water and extra glucose to prepare themselves for this new exercise routine. If you use the scales to measure your success, you might feel disheartened because there is no change in your weight when, in fact, you are going great. Gaining muscle doesn't make you bigger---just firmer and heavier. It means you are getting stronger and fitter and that's certainly not something to feel bad about.

Firstly....tip 15, common knowledge.

Tip 16......No one wants to hear they are going to gain from doing the right thing. I think this part has derailed me more than once.

I'm off for a bike ride. I hope i don't freeze to the seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels