Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Operation snapped tendon !

Well i am one hand typing. I have just gotten back having my op for a snapped tendon. I'm in a cast for the next 6 weeks. That means no more push ups and no swimming so i'll fail those goals on my spreadsheet. I can still do sit ups and crunches though as hands are not needed and i don't pull on my neck so it doesn't matter if one is missing from behind my head. I'll have to see with lunges as i usually balance with one hand on a wall or chair. I've been at the hosp since 6 this morn and have only gotten in 2200 steps so far Can't believe such a small little thing that didn't even hurt has been so much trouble.
The good thing is i could give a weight that was almost 15kg lighter than the start of the year. My blood pressure and heart rate was taken and i was told it was all in a healthy range and after had good circulation flowing through my fingers. I'm going to be using the fact that i had to disclose my weight, wear a hospital gown that didn't close and be wheeled about in a wheelchair with the poor nurse huffing and puffing as fuel to drive me further. Oh, and needing arm bits put onto the narrow operating table as i took up the bed and had nowhere to place my arms. Another plus is that everything went smoothly, woke up 20 mins later with no nausea or dizziness and was ready to go home then and there. Healthy living yeah! They thought my weight might cause probs as the couple of guys who went in before set all the surgerys back quite a while due to complications.

Anyway, enough now. Just feeling very happy and proud of my new healthy lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels