Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My seven deadly weight loss inhibiting sins.

What's going on?
Well i've been see-sawing between 4 kilos for 2 months now. So i have started thinking about what's going wrong. What i'm doing wrong or just not doing right.

Firstly - Preperation.
In the beginning there was homework Working out meals so that when i went shopping i was prepared. Now i buy healthy meat, veg/salad and fruit but with not knowing what to cook, my meals don't always end up so healthy.
What i'll do. Look for recipes at least 2 days before shopping
Secondly - Snack attack.
I've stopped buying healthy snacks thinking i can just skip snack times but i either can't and end up grabbing something high fat/ carb / sodium from the pantry or don't have one which leaves me way under in cals.
What i'll do. Add snacks to my shopping list and even start making low fat muffins etc... to keep around the house and pack for kids lunches so crap isn't so available.
Thirdly - Exercise
I've been exercising soooooo much and my already low cals becomes even lower. I'm not an eat back cal kind of girl.
What i'll do. If i burn off too many cals i'm going to have to eat back some cals. Enough to make sure i don't go below 1500 net cals ( i'm eating 1950)
Fourthly - No brekkie
Grrr we all know the bad here.
What i'll do. EAT BREAKFAST
Fifthly - No mojo.
I've lost my spark. Where has it gone? I think it's related to my stalemate and hope i will get this back when i get everything else under control.
What i'll do. Hold on until it comes back and start re-watching my Biggest Loser tapes until i find my mojo.
Sixthly - No change
All my exercising is walking and step at the moment. Not proper step class though and i guess i may not be pushing myself enough. I can't swim either at the moment(grrr) and i've not done any Tae - bo or areobics in ages. Plus i am out in the weights area too. I can't wait to get back into swimming and weights.
What i'll do. Mix it up. Challenge different muscle groups on different days and combine with different cardio workouts.
Seventhly - Low H20
I'm not drinking enough water which means i am not flushing out enough toxins and sodium. I must admit the closer i get to weigh in day the less i drink. Like i think it'll still be hanging round for weigh in.
What i'll do.Simple - drink up.

My mini goals for getting my mojo back.
Get back under 135 and stay there for at least 2 weeks in a row.
Get under 134. (This gets me 10% og my body weight lost - Thanks Rammette )
To lose 2 kilos in a month and keep it there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels