Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Tip 14 - Good food.

Cut back your cal intake gradually

When you cut back your cal intake, one unfortunate side effect is that your metabolic rate will slow down. Your body realises that less fuel is coming in, so it makes a few adjustments to conserve calories. This is sometimes referred to as survival mode, as your body uses its own defence mechanisim against starvation. While you can't prevent this response you can actively minimize it, and keep your metabolism firing along. Try to reduce your cal intake in small steps instead of making massive changes. Studies show that a dramatic cut in cals can reduce your metabolic rate by as much as 45% compared to as little as 10% with a more gradual restriction.
A gradual reduction encourages your body to use up its fat stores. A dramatic reduction forces the body to break down some muscle protein to make up the deficit, and slows down your metabolism. Try to cut back a little bit more each week over 1-2 months. It's also important to note that physical activity can also help to minimize that drop in your metabolic rate when you reduce your cals.


Hmmmmm......This one is very important and makes a lot of sense. I was going to say it was slighty crapping me as i hardly reduced my cals and i plateaued for quite a while. Now i am wondering if i had cut my cals drastically. The day i started CK! Maybe my plateau was a little slow in coming but it still showed up.

OK, i have had a busy weekend so i will fix my list tomorrow.
Night all
T

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels