Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Damn weekends

Why do i do it?

As of Friday i was 300g off my mini goal of being back in the 20's. I fully expected a big happy dance this coming Friday as it's fairly easy to lose 300g as long as you try....right?

Roll on the weekend and it finds me pigging out big time with nothing stopping those evil inner voices who shout out 'I DON'T CARE!' Bacon and cheese rolls, meat pie, cream biscuits, doughnuts......... and that was just Saturday. I started off well on Sunday by taking a protein bar and water to cricket but it ran over a little bit so by the time i got home i was famished and all thoughts of a chicken salad for lunch were forgotten as i reached for another meat pie that could be ready in a couple of minutes :(

Thankfully for me i decided to log the calories as i knew i would have to do some calorie cycling to try and minimise the damage and when i logged my particular brand of pie in i found it to be only 12g of fat and not the normal 30+g, so i managed to save yesterday with a good choice for dinner.

Damn! I'm sabotaging myself on these damn 20's again, I stop fighting those voices and don't even try talking myself out of things. I don't know what i am frightened of. I have 2 weeks left to get to my mini goal as i set myself the task of being in the 20's by christmas ( a lovely christmas present) and with allowing myself christmas day and boxing day to partake of the treats - within reason, and then only New Years Eve so i can celebrate with bubbly among friends i hope to still be in the 20's come New Years Day. That of course would've been easier if i was a couple of kilos into the 20's by christmas.

OK done. All the bad energy is spewed out and it's time to stop wallowing and get on with this week. I have felt the switch change from gimme, gimme, gimme to head down, bum up which i guess is a positive note. Considering my old free weekends used to run through Mondays and into Tuesdays sometimes.

I hope everyone else had a better weekend than i did.

xoxo

Tham

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels