Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

A Happy Dolphin Day

So i finally plucked up the courage to walk into my local contours gym last week. I made an appointment for today to have my assessment. Got through that all well and good and they were just about to send me on my merry way when i told them i would like to sign up right then and there.
I didn't quite have the right money so i made an appointment for my first session later on in the day and this afternoon i went in and paind.....and had my first session. For the first 3 sessions, you get trained by one of the lovely ladies so you learn how to use the machines correctly.
My lovely trainer put me through my paces - first circuit just learning the machines and second circuit doing the rebound bits as well - just a little cardio. Halfway through my second circuit i had a heart rate check and the woman realised she hadn't been working me enough! That was great to hear. The beginners levels and cardio and i was more advance than that! I would say i didn't even break into a sweat but that would be a lie. I'm one of THOSE people who sweat easily, but my heart rate wasn't elevated enough. I got through it all and even made appointments for my next 2 'trained' sessions. Tomorrow and Monday.
I was asked if i wanted to take advantage of them measuring me and after admitting i found that horrifying, i agreed. Whatever keeps me moving (losing?) right?
So, my 'happy dolphins' are here. The only thing i feel is a slight heaviness in my muscles. Hopefully i pull up well as my session is for the morning tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it.
Have a good one
Thamlore
Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels