Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Challenge weigh in - wk 1


Start weight 128.3kg
1st weigh in 127.8kg

As you can see i recorded a loss of 500g. I'm not really dancing for joy though as last Friday had me another 500gs down, equalling a kilo.

So, why the gain on my loss (if that makes sense to anyone other than me?)
My weekend was on track as far as calories where concerned, but due to being at a little aths comp all weekend and living on lean chicken and light mayo sandwiches with carrot sticks and boiled egg for snacks i figure i overloaded on carbs. What's done is done. It could've been a lot worse if i didn't take any of my own food and i didn't go the salad route as i wanted to make sure i wouldn't stray with takeaway carp because a salad didn't quite fill me.
I'm pretty sure i overloaded on water as well. 5x 600ml bottles on the Saturday and 3 on the Sunday.
Anyway....my instructor asked me not to do my usual Friday weigh in as i would have been happy with my loss if i hadn't seen a better loss a couple of days earlier. And as for my food diary this first week of the challenge, she was very happy with it.


Moving on.

My contours branch is being sold so they have a guy (GUY!!!!!) out, kind of like, going over everything. He decided to take over today just as i got on my first rebounder.
HOLY CARP!!!
Boy did i have a fantastic workout. My HR was up 10-20 bpm for the entire time. I normally sit between 130-145 ish with an occasional 150+ when i do a couple of running laps but after the first 5 machines and rebounders i never saw below 145 again. I felt great afterwards and he even gave me a thumbs up for 'putting in a great effort'. It was fun to do a few different things on the rebounders and he didn't just give you a move to do for each one, he started you off and then made sure to up the intensity ofter 10 or so seconds and then again....and then up it again. I guess kind of following a similar path to interval training. (if i make sense - which is rarely, if ever )


Although a part of me thought he really shouldn't have been there - considering a lot of women choose contours for its being a women only gym ( and many members complained with a few turning around and walking straight back out), i actually found i didn't care. That i have gotten over my embarassment of all my bits jiggling and i actually enjoyed the challenge he presented me with as i had to push myself harder to keep up with him. I wish he could stay.....or at the very least that the instructors learn a few things from him  (Shock, betrayal)

All in all a good couple of days with no alcohol or coke involved:thumbu2: (The drink coke, not the powdered kind :laugh5: ) I even stayed away from the evil doritos, twisties, party pies, choc eclaires etc... when i joined my childern after school assembly on Monday to celebrate my son getting School Captain and my daughter getting House Vice Captain.  I stuck to 2 small pieces of watermelon :)

I'm having a contented *sigh* moment. Better live it up while i can.

Till next time
Tham
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels