Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Day 7 - Motivation and mindset

Start today and don't delay. The sooner you start the better.

When someone is overweight their body develops a memory for that specific level of body fat. This is often referred to as a 'settling or set point'. The longer the extra weight remains, the more comfortable the body becomes with it there, and the stronger your body will be at defending that 'set point' of fat. Because of this set point, anyone who has been overweight in the past weill find it a little easier to regain body fat in the future. That is unless there are permanent lifestyle changes. So the sooner you lose weight, and the more permanent the changes that you make, the easier it will be.
While it is never too late to improve your health and body shape, the younger you start to lose body fat, the easier it is to get the results.


Well.....i have never heard it put down exactly like this but i have read something similar. About fat cells and that they double in size and then double in quantity as you get larger....it might even have been they quadruple in size, then double in quantity, i can't find the book to get it right though i think it was in the CK cal counter.
I remember that it scared me as that although the fat cells shrink.....they don't die off so that when they double in quantity you will always have that many.
Well this seems very similar and again i worry. I'm not so young anymore. The thing with set point makes me wonder if the reverse is also true. If you take your time losing weight can it become more used to the lower level of body fat????? A while agao i struggled with a plateau and kept bouncing between 135 and 138. Now after a 5 week mini break due to broken scales i was still in the 36's and don't seem to go above that. Maybe my body has become used to this size for now. Another reason why slower weightloss is easier to maintain and also maybe something to do with plateauing itself.
Well it really gets me thinking anyway.



I hope everyone had a great weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels