Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Tip 8 - Good food

Go on a diet, as long as it is for life

Diets that promise fast weight loss may be popular, but they are rarely effective. Diets attract attention by offering miracle results, with gimmicky rules or restrictions that seem different, or "too good to be true" People usually go on a diet with the underlying intention of returning to their old habits as quickly as possible. People ditch their new diet because of boredom, deprivation, lack of energy, constipation or hunger. There are no laws that require a fad diet to be effective, factual or safe. One thing you can rely on is that the faster you lose the weight, the faster it will return. That is part of the problem with fad diets - they are a fad. Short term changes in your diet will only lead to short term changes in your body.

There is no ideal way to eat, which is why there are so many different diets. The solutiion is to gradually find your own way, seeking to adapt, modify and experimant with food. Try to develop a way of eating that is easy to live with, forever!. This is sometimes called a lifetime eating plan. The way you eat and exercise to lose weight has to be the way you live when you have lost weight. The best diet secret you will ever learn is that there is no magic diet.



Now i'm posting this late as i didn't like this tip when i first read it. I think i baulked at the title and the word diet, but after re-reading i think i let that sour the tip for me.
In CK we all seem to use the term lifestyle instead of diet. But maybe we say the words without meaning them....At least maybe i did.
Yes, i knew that healthy choices would have to be permanent, that apart from the occasional slip up i thought i had already changed the way i eat. But after reading this tip a few times i realise i am not focusing on the right words.
I have not changed the way i eat, i have changed what i eat. I still eat in the lounge in front of the T.V.....in front of the puter or whilst reading, therefore not focusing on the food and just mindlessly eating. A big No, no.
Everything else stated in the top 2 paragraphs makes sense.....it is already implanted deep down in my psyche.


On another track. I ate like a pig on Saturday. I couldn't get full and thought it was due to a small hangover.......seems like i was social after all on TGIF. I woke up today to a 400g gain which i hope/d to lose again by weigh in but found it was a double whammy. Not only a hangover feed but a TTOTM binge as well which hopefully can be attributed to most of the gain. Just hope it doesn't get any worse. I have been noticeing this year that i have a day just before my monthly visitor where i cannot fill myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels