Quote of the week.

~What would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

~ (I don't know)







With a little help from....

as well as.....

Who am i?

My photo
I'm a wife and a mother of 4. I began my 'journey' at 149+ kilos. 8 weeks ago i finally broke the magical barrier of 130 that had confounded me for so long and weighed in at 129.2. Stupid me though, i self sabotaged again and let family issues close me off to the world and i am now 134.6 again and rareing to do anything it takes to get back into new territory.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Tip 12- Move more

Start off slowly, so you don't become an exercise dropout

It's very common for people to start a new exercise program like a bull at a gate, only to give up a few weeks later.

High expectations and slow results are not a good mix. This drop off in enthusiasm often results in a lot of unused gym memberships and exercise machines become dust collectors.

Don't go too hard, too early. Start exercising at a level where you feel comfortable. Train at a low intensity for 2-4 weeks so your muscles and ligaments can adjust to your new and increased level of activity. If your exercise is more intense than walking, make sure you include one or two rest days each week to help your body recover, and keep your mind fresh. Listen to your body, and if you start to feel tired or lacking in motivation, take a day off.....just don't give up.

Sounds like a plan......Have a great weekend everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels